Flashys Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm your Christmas present !

Go down

I'm your Christmas present ! Empty I'm your Christmas present !

Post  flashy Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 am

I'm your Christmas present ! ImyourChristmaspresenttuttag

A tube of your choice. I am using the lovely artwork of Keith Garvey, which can be purchased here:
www.mypsptubes.com

No plugins needed for this tutorial.

Supplies needed:

My Xmas ring frame 1, background picture, red bow, snowflake, holly, and mask 41, which can be found here:
https://flashy.forumotion.co.uk

Lets begin!

Open a new image 600x500 and floodfill in white. Add the XR1 frame as a new layer, and
drop shadow as follows:

H=2
V=2
O=60
B=4.30
Col=black

Foreground #ba0203, background null, add a new layer above raster layer 1 and floodfill.
Open mask 41, and go to layers, new mask layer from image. Choose Mask 41 from the source
window. Make sure invert mask data is unchecked, and source luminace is checked, and ok.
Merge group.

Make the mask layer active and add the background picture as a new layer. On the frame layer,
click inside it with the magic wand. Selections, modify by 5, selections, invert.
Click on the background and hit delete, then deselect. Blend mode in the layer palette, change
from normal to screen. Lower the opacity to 86.

Add your tube of choice as a new layer and centre in the frame. Drop shadow, as above,
and bring this layer to the top.

Now for your name, font used is Snowflake Letters, size 40, stroke 1. Fore ground null,
background is #ba0203. Add your name and drop shadow. Image rotate, 90 degrees left, and
position down the left hand side. Now type Xmas and do exactly the same settings and drop
shadow, but rotate 90 degree to the right. Place down the right hand side.

For the word art i used the font Script MT Bold, size 18, and stroke 1. Colours used are,
#ba0203 and #16450d, Drop shadow as below:

V=1
H=1
O=20
B=4.30
Col=black

Add the holly, bow, and then the snowflakes as new layers, place on the frame, and around it,
and then drop shadow them, with the above settings.

Add your credits.

X out raster layer 1, and save as a PNG file.

Thats it, you are all done ! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

© Flashy
October 2010

flashy
flashy
Admin

Back to top Go down