Flashys Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mostly wood

Go down

Mostly wood Empty Mostly wood

Post  flashy Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 am

Mostly wood MostlyWoodtuttag

A tube of your choice. I used the lovely artwork of Elias Chatzoudis,which can be purchased here:
www.mypsptubes.com

Plugins needed:

Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Textures, and wood, Alien Skin Splat, and edges which can be found here as a demo:
http://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/index.aspx

Supplies needed:

All from my site: Bow, from all things blue/embellishments, wooden flowers/all things brown,
Butterfly leaf from doodles, and the background picture from photographs, which can be found here:
https://flashy.forumotion.co.uk

Lets begin!

Open a new image, size 600x500, and floodfill in white. Draw a decent sized rectangle,
foreground white, background null, width 4, objects, align, align in centre of canvas. Drop
shadow as follows:

V=2
H=2
O=60
B=4.30
Col=black

Make another rectangle, foreground #eabc74, background null, width 10, and convert to raster layer.
Drag this below the white frame. Use the deform tool if necessary to make sure the white
frame fits snuggly inside it. Go to plugins and Alien Skin Eye Candy 5 Textures, and choose wood.
Change the settings to knotty pine, and on basic, use the settings as shown below:

Mostly wood Pinesettings

Now inner bevel with these settings:

Mostly wood Innerbevel-1

Drop shadow. Make another rectangle, foreground #eabc74, background null, width 40, convert to raster layer,
and drag this below the bevelled frame. Use the wood settings as before, but do not bevel.
Go to Alien skin Splat, and edges. In settings, tick small tears. On basic use the settings as below:

Mostly wood Splatedges-1

Drop shadow as before. Click on raster layer 1, and add a new layer. Floodfill in #eabc74,
and open Mask 9. Layers, new mask layer from image. Choose Mask 9 from the source window,
make sure source luminance and invert mask data are checked, and apply. In the layer palette,
merge group. Duplicate if you want a deeper mask colour.

Click on the mask layer and add the background picture as a new layer. You may use the picture
from photographs on my site, or one of your own choosing. Make the white frame active in the
layer palette. Click inside it with the magic wand. Selections, modify by 5, selections, invert.
Now click back on the background picture and hit delete. Deselect.

Add your tube as a new layer and drag this to the top of the layer palette. Resize if
necessary and add a drop shadow.

Add the butterfly leaf or any other doodle you want to use. Use the wood settings, and drop
shadow. Dupicate, and X out all layers but these two doodles, and merge visible. Un X all layers.
Now duplicate again, and image, mirror. Place these doodles at each side of the tag.

Add the wooden flower as a new layer, and drop shadow. Duplicate, and resize for the smaller flower.
Position these on the bottom left hand side of the tag. Use my tag as a reference.

Open the bow. Use the wood settings and drop shadow. Position this on the top of the tag.

For your name, i used the font Snap ITC, size 48, stroke 1, background colour #eabc74,foreground black.
Use the wood settings and drop shadow. Place this as centrally as you can under the tag.

Add your credits.

X out raster layer 1 and merge visible. Save as a PNG file.

Thats it we are all done ! I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.

© flashy

27th October 2010

flashy
flashy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum